FOR a MORE POWERFUL LIFE
FOR a MORE POWERFUL LIFE
Are you ready for an exciting career with J.W. Didado?
Thank you for considering J.W. Didado Electric. Please send an email to [email protected] Include your resume and cover letter. For field positions, we only consider IBEW members. Thank you!
Payroll Assistant Manager
Please email our office for detailed job descriptions!
Inquiries and resumes can be sent to [email protected]
Here at J.W. Didado, LLC., we are a leader in our field of commercial and industrial electrical construction. We are seeking to hire a seasoned Project Manager to join our team. If you’re a passionate self-starter, J.W. Didado is a great company for you. Don’t hesitate to apply.
Responsibilities for Project Manager:
- Determine and define project scope and objectives
- Predict resources needed to reach objectives and manage resources in an effective and efficient manner
- Prepare budget based on scope of work and resource requirements
- Track project costs in order to meet budget
- Develop and manage a detailed project schedule and work plan
- Provide project updates on a consistent basis to various stakeholders about strategy, adjustments, and progress
- Manage contracts with vendors and suppliers by assigning tasks and communicating expected deliverables
- Utilize industry best practices, techniques, and standards throughout entire project execution
- Monitor progress and make adjustments as needed
- Measure project performance to identify areas for improvement
Qualifications for Project Manager:
- Bachelor’s degree in construction engineering, business, or a related field suggested, but not required if prof of field management in electrical construction
- 5-8 years of project management and related experience
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred, but not required
- Proven ability to solve problems creatively
- Strong familiarity with project management software tools, methodologies, and best practices
- Experience seeing projects through the full life cycle
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and extremely resourceful
- Proven ability to complete projects according to outlined scope, budget, and timeline
We are looking for an experienced, proactive project assistant to work collaboratively with our team on specific short- and long-term projects. In this role, you will oversee tasks delegated to you by the project manager, coordinate with all necessary vendors and service providers, and ensure that the project is moving forward on time and on budget. You will need to be highly organized, adaptable, and able to prioritize tasks while working independently. The ability to motivate others and keep them on task in a positive and encouraging manner is also a must-have skill in this position
Project Assistant Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work collaboratively with the project manager and team to maximize productivity
- Collaborate with the whole project team, contributing to the entire project lifecycle
- Organize and monitor schedules and see that deadlines are met
- Coordinate efforts within the team and with outside consultants efficiently
- Report updates verbally and in written form to management
- Monitor budget and help ensure resources are used efficiently
- Help discern requirements and assign tasks to team members
- Complete any necessary administrative tasks, such as research and email
- Demonstrate commitment to clients’ needs and confidentiality continuously
Project Assistant Requirements and Qualifications:
- Associate or bachelor’s degree in a relevant field required
- Additional certifications that exemplify a desire for continued education preferred
- Minimum of 2 years’ relevant work experience in the industry
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Keen attention to detail and an aptitude for problem-solving
- Able to proactively address potential issues
- Excellent computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Significant hands-on experience with industry-specific software
- Collaborative working style and team-player attitude
- Positive and encouraging personality
- Able to work independently with little supervision
- Highly motivated with a strong work ethic
- Reliable, trustworthy, and committed to the team’s success
- Outstanding organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks
- Able to thrive in a high-volume, deadline-driven work environment
We are looking for an experienced electrical supervisor to oversee our team of electricians. In this role, you will be responsible for training and mentoring staff, creating work schedules, providing technical assistance, and troubleshooting system issues. To ensure success as an electrical supervisor, you should exhibit strong leadership skills and have sound knowledge of industrial and commercial electrical systems. A top-class electrical supervisor will ensure that all the electrical work done on-site is completed on time and to code.
Electrical Supervisor Responsibilities:
- Designing and implementing work schedules for the electrical staff.
- Providing motivation and assistance when necessary.
- Inspecting and assessing the work done by the electrical staff.
- Reading and interpreting design schematics to ensure the proper installation of electrical systems.
- Troubleshooting major system failures and equipment malfunctions.
- Repairing and maintaining electrical equipment.
- Overseeing the purchasing and maintenance of the electrical equipment on-site.
- Ensuring the work is completed on schedule and to code.
- Maintaining a safe and clean work area.
- Consulting with builders, architects, and other workers on-site.
Electrical Supervisor Requirements:
- Education through an accredited JATC or trade school.
- Bachelor’s or Associates degree in electrical engineering or a similar field, a plus, but not required.
- Proven work experience as an electrical supervisor.
- Strong leadership and managerial skills.
- In-depth knowledge of commercial and industrial electrical systems.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Familiarity with state electrical and safety codes.
- Advanced troubleshooting skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- A good eye for detail.
We are looking to hire an experienced electrical estimator to determine the approximate costs of various electrical installations for industrial and commercial projects. The electrical estimator’s responsibilities include determining how long each contracting job will last, researching market prices for project materials and equipment, and communicating with clients to determine the scope of each project. You should also be able to identify ways to continually improve cost-estimating procedures to reduce inconsistencies between estimated and actual project costs.
To be successful as an electrical estimator, you should be detail-oriented and have sound knowledge of electrical codes. Ultimately, an exceptional Electrical Estimator should be adept at reading building plans and demonstrate outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills.
Electrical Estimator Responsibilities:
- Analyzing blueprints.
- Determining the amount, type, and cost of materials and fixtures needed for each electrical project.
- Determining the amount of labor required to complete each project.
- Determining the potential profitability of electrical projects to assist management in making sound bidding decisions.
- Providing viable solutions to increase project profitability.
- Completing and submitting competitive project bids in accordance with established guidelines.
- Regularly updating cost databases to accurately reflect fluctuating material and labor costs.
- Evaluating labor and material costs to determine whether it is more feasible to construct electrical components or sub-contract the construction of components.
Electrical Estimator Requirements Requested, but not needed:
- Completion of a postsecondary education electrician training program.
- Bachelor’s degree in construction science, engineering, construction management, or related field is advantageous.
- Certification through the American Society of Professional Estimators (ASPE) or the Association for the Advancement of Cost Engineering (AACE) International is advantageous.
- Valid electrician’s license.
- The ability to interpret blueprints.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Knowledge of estimating software such as: EBM & Accubid.
The Payroll Clerk is responsible for the payroll processing of the company, to include the accurate and timely entry of payroll related items to produce paychecks in accordance with union agreements. The payroll clerk will process a high volume of payroll transactions within a relatively short window of time in order to meet the imposed deadlines. The payroll clerk reports to the Payroll Manager.
Major Areas of Responsibility Include:
- Data entry of timecards
- Effective and frequent communication with field personnel
- Reconciliation of timecards to Foundation payroll reports
- Timely resolution of discrepancies
- Preparation and distribution of paychecks
- Support other payroll department team members where required
Specific Responsibilities of the Job:
- Data entry of timecards
- Obtain their weekly timecards for man hours and equipment hours for assigned crews
- Review data provided and either prepare for upload to Foundation or manually key hour information into Foundation
- Balance Foundation upload reports to Excel upload file and resolve any differences
Payroll Clerk Position Description (cont’d)
- Effective Communication with Field Personnel
- Must communicate by phone or email to general foreman (GF) regarding weekly timesheet submission, hours reported, missing hours, missing timesheets, questions related to issues on timesheets, etc.
- Must be knowledgeable of the crew roster and the information expected to be submitted for each crew in order to obtain accurate information from the GF
- Work in a cooperative and helpful manner with the field to facilitate information sharing and make the timecard process easy for the field to comply with
- Reconciliation and Timely Resolution of Discrepancies
- Actively participate in roundtable review of payroll runs
- Work with company and customer representatives to communicate and reconcile payroll and equipment hours accurately and timely
- Identify any payroll entry that appears inaccurate
- Review hours paid and agree to hours reported for each crew/field personnel
- Preparation and Distribution of Paychecks
- Prepare overnight packages to be sent to jobsites
- Electronically save paycheck detail to GF’s for distribution to employees
- Prepare child support and garnishment packages
- Save payroll information to shared drive for access by other departments
- Support Payroll Department
- Provide support to payroll department team where needed
- Prepare time-cards templates for jobs as needed
- Support/Back-up New Hire Process
- Available during non-business hours when JWD is on storm
- Offer suggestions for process improvement or cost savings opportunities
- Possess good interpersonal and communication skills
- Organized with the ability to effectively prioritize tasks
- Excellent time management skills with ability to process a large volume of entries under a short deadline
- Exceptional attention to detail and the ability to resolve issues quickly
- Foundation Software experience preferred
- Union payroll experience preferred
The J.W. Didado Family
Since its founding in 1958, J.W. Didado, a Quanta Services Company, has grown into one of the largest and most successful electrical contracting companies in the country. Our employees take pride in their work and succeed by working as a team to serve the needs of our customers. We only accept IBEW members.
The J.W. Didado Team
J.W. Didado’s more than 750+ employees average almost 30 years of service and have the expertise and experience that enables them to handle any job, large or small and to excel under the most difficult conditions.
Competitive Compensation & Benefits
The company offers a competitive compensation and benefits program and provides the training and advancement opportunities that enable our team members to earn and enjoy successful careers.
Professional Work Environment
J.W. Didado employees work in a safe, inclusive environment that fosters teamwork, productivity, and career advancement.
New Hire Programs
As our work force grows we take the initiative to ensure that J.W. Didado’s culture is communicated to each new hire.
Our new-hire orientation covers the company’s expectations for safe work practices and reviews safety policies and procedures.
Our implementation of human performance and behavior-based safety programs equips workers for success when they head to the field.
HOW WE BUILD
COMMERCIAL & INDUSTRIAL
TRANSMISSION & DISTRIBUTION
EMERGENCY & STORM RESTORATION
GO ON STORM WITH US
FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL